Monday 29 March 2010

This Summer, expect delays on all sunshine and lollipops


Although you wouldn't know it, yesterday marked the official start of the great British Summer Time.


Usually, March is one of my favourite months where there's a bit of a chill in the air but the sunshine is lovely and warm on your face.


This year, not so much. It's grey, rainy, cold and generally...grim.


In spite of this, I am determined to let my spring wardrobe make me feel sunny - even if the weather doesn't. The surging maxi skirt trend is perfect as it keeps legs warm and I will be continuing to layer everything up, even if it means wearing leggings under skirts.


This weekend, I had a mini-splurge. Mostly in Topshop, but a little extra in New Look after my friend Sarah introduced me to quite literally the best wedges I have ever seen. I am such a huge fan of New Look shoes as you can find some great, on trend buys, but it doesn't matter if you don't want to wear them next season as they're so cheap!


This weather isn't just England specific - my friend in Dusseldorf is having the same problems and is desperate to buy some kind of practical summer wardrobe. The good news is that all these purchases are available online, although bear in mind with the maxi skirt that it doesn't come in different lengths - I had a go a size up as I usually buy longer length trousers - but the material is so soft and stretchy that it looks like it fits perfectly anyway. I'll also be able to wear it as a dress (with the help of a sturdy waist belt) which I feel would look lovely with a boyfriend blazer or my new white knit long cardigan


xxxxx


2 comments:

  1. I love the beatlejuice skirt, it looks amazing on and really flatters practicaly all shapes. I'm thinking about aquiring one for myself actually! The wedges, I have to admit, don't look like much when they are on the shops shelf but once you've got them on your feet, they look completely different and will look amazing put with some karki shorts a white vest top and some tanned legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend in Düsseldorf should really have thought of buying clothes online earlier. Vous êtes un génie!

    ReplyDelete