Tuesday 31 August 2010

How to do....



Socks and shoes.

I use the term 'shoe' loosely. The socks and shoes looks isn't for the faint hearted and I got quite a few discerning looks from girls on the high street yesterday (easy girls, they're just socks!) and I am quite sure this is a look that men will not get.

But I've never dressed for the benefit of men (or bitchy girls alike!) and I personally love this look. It's been a bit of a slow burner, but that's given me some time to assess what works and what doesn't. I think you've got to be careful and stick to a few rules.
  • Knee high socks are a no unless your legs are super skinny - it's all about the ankles.
  • Avoid the Ann Summers schoolgirl look at all costs. You know what I mean.
  • Socks work well with chunky shoes, not dainty peep toes.
  • If teaming with ankle boots (which is a big yes from me) make sure they sit close to the top of the boot. You don't want the look to make your legs look chunky.
  • I really like this look with ankle grazing trousers. Tight on the ankles, not swingers people!
  • You can scrunch down knee high chunky socks for a slightly different look.
I've thrown in a few yes and no photos. I'll let you be the judge of these!

Madame Hawke

Stolen Girlfriends Club

1 comment:

  1. Argh! Joss Stone! No! No!
    Ha! But this is a look I'd like to be able to get away with, but alas I have nought the legs. I believe Chloe Sevigny owns this look. I have a big girl crush on her and her chloethes!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete