Thursday 19 August 2010

Riddled by Ruby

Writing the previous entry on Stolen Girlfriends Club got me doing a bit of thinking.

I love New Zealand. I've been there a couple of times and absolutely loved it. It's beautiful, it's green, clean, the people are lovely, the boys are lovelier and the surf is a lot less hazardous than in Australia. But....the one thing I didn't have it down as is being fashionable. Or having any sort of cutting edge fashion scene whatsoever.

But then, I discovered Stolen Girlfriends Club. Then, I got to thinking. Then, I turned to Google. Which then, told me just how wrong I was.

I turns out that when it comes to fashion in New Zealand, there's a lot to shout about. 

New Zealand Fashion Week runs from 21st-25th September and features collections from brands with really cool names, such as Riddle Me This (based in Mount Maunganui, a beautiful place) and Sable and Minx (based in Auckland).

Another featured designer at NZ Fashion Week this year is Ruby of Ruby Boutique. I was made aware of them by Fashion Toast and got very excited upon Googling...see below



Yummmy! Don't mind if I do. And if you like this, you'll love their collection of bone necklaces - so quirky.

You can find this particular outfit and many, many more at: http://www.rubyboutique.co.nz/
(oh, and the blog is as cool as the clothes)

And whilst you're at it, have a peruse through some of the other NZ brands showcasing their collections at this year's fashion week at http://www.nzfashionweek.com/NZ-Fashion-Week/Home_IDL=20_IDT=811_ID=5994_.html




No comments:

Post a Comment